Thursday, April 1, 2010

Embellish Color Challenge with Stitching


Love me some Embellish Magazine! The challenge this time around is to use pink, aqua and kraft, and to incorporate stitching. About half-way through this card I decided that I really wished I had stitched the hearts on a white panel...but after all of that piercing and stitching I was not about to start over. There's always tomorrow, right?! ;o)

This really is a simple card, just time consuming thanks to the hand stitching. After I pre-pierced the hearts and outer edge, I sat down with two of my guilty pleasures (a glass of wine and America's Next Top Model) and stitched away. I used two shades of light pink for the hearts and embellished them with some punched hearts, buttons and ribbon. The only stamps on this card, GASP!, are the tree tops from Funky Foliage pulling double duty as a flower. Here's a detail shot of the hearts.

I know I haven't been sharing too many projects lately...but there is a good reason. I have been crafting, oh yes I've been crafting. But you will have to wait until Monday to see them as I will be starting our APRIL RELEASE!!! And let me tell you, I have had a VERY hard time putting these babies down!

26 comments:

  1. Dawn, I absolutely LOVE this. Beautiful stitching, and that peek-a-boo ruffle at the bottom is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So whimsical Dawn, and the results absolutely seem worth your effort! I'm enjoying the different textures on your card with the thread, twine and ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, this is so beautiful. It must have taken ages, I have zero patience for hand stitching, so I take my hat off to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so pretty Dawn! Your stitching is perfect and I love your ruffled ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is beyond stunning! Ya know, I was happy with my challenge card until I saw yours! LOL Fabulous work! Do you sit and stare at it?? I would!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness...this is sweet, sweet, sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn, I just LOVE this card! I can't believe all the paper piercing and stitching that you did. Girlie, you put us all to shame!

    I am SUPER excited for Monday to come! Cannot wait to see what you have been working on and of course, I can't wait to see your beautiful samples!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn, this is a little gem of a card - so pretty! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card, Dawn!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a gorgeous card, Dawn! Love, love, LOVE all that stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, Dawn. This is AWESOME!!! I LOVE all the stitching and the card design is just too darn cute!! The ribbon treatment is just SUWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dawn, This is a great card! I love the simple outline and the buttons! Now I am intrigued to see what you have been creating. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful stitching, Dawn! Love this card! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so sweet. I love those stitched hearts on Kraft! I don't know if those soft colours would have had the same pop on white. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, Dawn!! this is gorgeous and o so beautiful!! can't wait to see what you've been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! Love all the stitching and the heart and flower! The ribbon on the bottom is fabulous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! I love all the hand stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous!! I love it!! :) thanks the sweet comment on my blog... the ribbon came that way its from Jillibean soup :) have a wonderful saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woo hoo I seriously can't wait for the next ones! And I LOVE this card. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just beautiful Dawn!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your card, Dawn! That is so pretty and sweet! You're quite the stitch queen! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on the Embellish what's hot winner :) This card is simply gorgeous. Love it, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Way to go on winning the Embellish Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. All of your hard work paid off! I LOVE your ruffled ribbon at the bottom. Thanks for always stopping by and leaving such nice comments. You are a gem.

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest