Saturday, October 25, 2014

VIDEO: Colored Stamping on Kraft

Hello! Today I'm sharing one basic design with three different looks all using the Little Bits and Festive Greetings stamp sets.

The first card features colored stamping on Kraft cardstock. I used to create with Kraft a lot - I mean A LOT. But I have been really into color lately. By using this technique, I can have the best of both worlds!

Watch above or in HD at YouTube

By stamping the image first in white and then over-stamping the image again in color, I was able to maintain a color more true to the ink.

I really loved this simple design, so I decided to try it in a couple different versions as well.

The gorgeous color combo of Sweet Nectar, Lake House, and Old Gold looks amazing on white.

I heat embossed the sentiment in gold and added a sprinkling of Pretty Pink Posh Sequins to dress it up.

Then I wanted to try a more monochromatic color combination.

I added pops of silver and gold along with a little twine to this one.

I think you could use the other images in Little Bits (hearts for love - stars for birthday - sequins for congratulations) and switch out the sentiments for just about any occasion. Talk about versatile!

Featured Supplies

19 comments:

  1. Lovely design--the white on kraft with pops of color really gives a nice effect! What kind of vellum adhesive do you use? I have never found one that doesn't show through the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Tombow Vellum Adhesive, I've updated the supply list with a link. Sorry about that!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love these cards, Dawn! (But you knew that already.) It's a great design for mass production and the colors are gorgeous on all three! So nice to hear your voice in the video - been missing you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design! Love how it looks on kraft and on white! Thanks for the video!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cards and tge color combo. In the video you showed a vellum adhessive. which brand was that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Tombow Vellum Adhesive, I've updated the supply list with a link. Sorry about that!

      Delete
  5. Oh so cute! Thank you for the video-The "4" letter word threw you off there.. too funny lol Love the design! Love your stamps:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these cards - each one is just so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! What a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color stamping over white ink on Kraft. It's a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really appreciate the design "Why" you explain in your videos...I am sure others do too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool idea for stamping with interest on kraft cardstock. I like it and can't wait to try it myself. I gotta get me that vellum adhesive, too! I love your teaching style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love your banner sentiments ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these cards! Thanks for the great video!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the cards were gorgeous! I think my favorite was the monochromatic card. Thanks for sharing these, and the stamp set is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The best products come from people who craft. Love the idea of having all those images in one place. I think I like your monochromatic card best. Fits the paper.

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest