Saturday, November 7, 2015

VIDEO: Watercolor Place Cards

Happy Saturday everyone!

I have another Instagram video request for you today.

Bonus? This one features another fun and easy technique that can be applied to many different projects - a watercolor wash background with heat embossing. In the video below, I share how to use our Gift Card Layers die to turn these into gorgeous place card settings.

Watch above or watch in HD at YouTube

For those of you who prefer written directions, here is a quick summary. And all of the featured products that I use in the video are listed below as well.

Quick Summary

  1. Create pattern by heat embossing images (Wplus9 Autumn Leaves & Wplus9 Botanical Bunch) with white embossing powder (WOW Bright White Super Fine).
  2. Add watercolor wash over embossed pattern. (Ranger Distress Ink in Broken Chine, Hickory Smoke and Wild Honey)
  3. Die cut place card from watercolored panel. (Wplus9 Gift Card Layers die)
  4. Die cut name card and write name. (Wplus9 Gift Card Layers die)
  5. Embellish (Wplus9 Wplus9 Autumn Leaves companion die)

Featured Products

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, Dawn! Table for 14?
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome. I am going to get that gift card die :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn - I love this idea!! Thanks so much for sharing. You make me feel like I can actually try lettering this! Question for you - the font you used in the first photo - the word watercolor - what is that, looks like it would be a good guide to practice brush lettering? Thanks!!! Have to get those dies now, just got a bunch of your stamps...always more on my list - dies too...lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stunning - absolutely adore these! I love hand lettering and actually find practicing modern calligraphy therapeutic! Your colour combo has inspired me no end!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest