Saturday, May 27, 2017

Wedding Wishes With Kara

Hey Guys! Kara here with yet another project featuring the Large Butterfly Frame Die. It's such a versatile die and I haven't tired of exploring all of the many ways it can be used. This time I've stamped and colored on the die cut as well as added a drop shadow.

It's no secret that I love a lot of white space, but there has to be an element that pops and makes it interesting. On this card it's the colored images. I die cut the butterfly frame first from white cardstock. I then stamped the Modern Anemones strategically on the die cut. I colored the flowers and leaves with Copic markers {R24, R29, R59, YG61, YG63, YG67} and coated them with clear Wink Of Stella. A little bit of shimmer is in order for a wedding card!

I wanted to add a drop shadow to the butterflies, but not to the outer frame. I die cut the butterfly frame from black cardstock and then carefully snipped the frame off. What I was left with was just the five connected butterflies. I was able to off set them slightly behind the white frame and adhere it with some tiny glue dots.

I stamped the Wedding Wishes sentiment, from Modern Peonies, in the center. I adhered the frame to a white card base using dimensional adhesive.

A simple yet striking wedding design. I hope my friends will love it. They are getting married in September.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies or equivalents used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

12 comments:

  1. What gorgeous design!! LOVE how you sued the butterfly plate on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW TOTALLY LOVELY!!! AND VERY MODERN looking!!! I LOOOOVE IT! ;) I too LOVE the white spaces on this! SO PERFECT!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Kara! I totally thought you stamped then die cut! Very clever, my friend!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your card is absolutely stunning.
    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the touches of bold color and offsetting the butterflies is perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love the bold colors on white!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it's so pretty, Kara! Awesome design and so perfect for a summer wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I'm sure your friends will love it, & I hope it's not too hard to keep it under wraps until September! ;) Love how you stamped and colored on parts of the die cuts. Tfs! :) ~ Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest