Friday, August 25, 2017

Watercolored Botanical Bunch With Kara

Hey Guys! It's Kara. I'm here today with a card featuring Botanical Bunch and one of my all-time favorite sentiments from Modern Anemones. Most of my friends are old friends, friends I made in high school, and this sentiment is perfect for them! There really is nothing quite like an old friend!

For this card I started by stamping the large cluster of flowers from Botanical Bunch all over a piece of white cardstock. I used Black PURE Color Dye Ink because it is waterproof. Because it's waterproof, it is perfect for using with watercolor techniques.

I used various Distress Inks to color my flowers. I did so very loosely, not worrying if I went outside the lines. I used several shades of ink on each leaf and flower allowing colors to dry in between. When everything was dry, I splattered on a little black. I then cut the panel down using the 4 Bar Stitched Rectangle Die.

I knew I wanted to soften everything up with a velum overlay, but wanted some of that background to be prominent and in the foreground. I decided to cut out a portion using the large oval from Basic Label Dies and reposition it on top of the vellum. It brings the design forth and also serves as an anchor for my sentiment.

I stamped the sentiment from Modern Anemones in black ink on the vellum and then sprinkled on clear embossing powder. I heat set the powder and added the die cut word 'friend' from Basic Greetings Dies to finish it off.

Thank you so much for coming by today. Have a great weekend!

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the addition of the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Kara! Your coloring is so pretty and I love the vellum overlay. The cut-out section is such a great accent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another perfect example of why I adore vellum ... you've used the perfect little slip, and kept a bit of bold! gorgeous, Kara! new-ish friends are pretty terrific, too! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest